Saturday, June 25, 2011
My mother made it look so easy.....
Several times a day I self reflect on myself as a mom, wife, teacher, daughter,sister and friend. Did I make sure I tell my kids I love them today? Did I kiss them goodbye? Was I too hard? Not hard enough? Did I forget some one's birthday? Did I give enough positive reinforcement? Every once in awhile I get a little gift that says everything is fine. Sophia is headed off to camp tomorrow and she just gave me a note that says " Mom, I will miss you when I am at camp. Here is a gift for you" and wrapped in tissue was one of her beloved wrist bands! She says" you can use it on the treadmill to wipe your head." Of course I teared up- how sweet to give your mom something so important to you! And then I head down the hall to see Joey building a train track for Carson to play! ( a big achievement because these two fight constantly!) I'm sure I've jinxed myself and I'll be ready to scream this afternoon. But it's worth mentioning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment