Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Birthday Girls


I am so happy to share my birthday with Sophia. I  could do without turning older, but Sophia was so excited to turn 6. Even with all the drama of Carson in the hospital, I got cupcakes ready for school, a cake baked, and the house decorated in pink streamers! Now with Grandma and Papa coming this weekend and Aunt Cookie coming the next, her birthday will last longer! I do remember the blessed day Sophia came into this world. It was a long, long labor but she was so worth it! I really hope she will always thinks its cool to have the same birthday as her old mom! It is a bittersweet feeling to have your oldest child turn 6. So excited to see her get older but sad that she is no longer your baby! Oh well such is life........... Thanks for all the birthday gifts and calls. And of course special thanks to mom and dad who sang to me. What would my birthday be without being serenaded before the sun comes up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet Jill! Love the hula hoops too! This is great :)

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to both of you! hope yall had a great day.